It’s January. The snow is falling. Don’t let cold temperatures be a deterrent to enjoying the outdoors on your ebike. For those who are itching to ride and seek the adventure of being outdoors-even in the cold- here are 7 Must Haves for Winter Riding.
The key to keeping warm is proper equipment.
2. Sport-designed eye wear are essential to keep the bitter wind out of your eyes. Few things are worse than having you eyes start watering because of the wind and then have your tears freeze around your eyes.
3. Wind-Proof Jacket. This is probably the most important piece of apparel you will wear. Keep your core warm! This is key. If you get chilled at your core it is very difficult to stay warm. Cycling jackets are longer through the sleeves and back and are designed to go over your pants and keep you comfortably warm.
4. Wind-proof pants. This is one of my favorite things to wear in cold weather riding. These are great to keep the wind from really biting into my riding pants. Also note, a good pair of thermal riding bibs underneath wind-proof pants keep your legs very cozy.
5. Toe warmers. I always wear wool socks when riding gin the Winter, but my toes can still get cold. Toe warmers are a big help. Toe warmers or booties are easy to slide on over the toe of your shoe and block the wind from cutting through your shoes to your toes. They are perfect for keeping your feet warm while protecting your shoes.
6. Wind-proof gloves. We’ve all felt our fingers get cold even when our body is warm. Wind-proof gloves will go a long way to keeping your fingers functional. Mittens are another good option if you don’t need your fingers to shift while riding.
7. Lastly, BE SEEN! Wear bright colors and use good cycling lights. You’ll want a great headlight and an even better tail lights. This is one area you don’t want to scrimp on.
Making sure these 7 Must Haves are part of your cycling equipment will ensure warmer and happier riding in the Winter months.
To see more pictures of our suggested Winter Riding gear click here.